AutoCAD Civil 3D software, the building information modeling (BIM) solution for civil engineering, helps project teams deliver higher-quality transportation, land development, and environmental projects faster. By building information modeling we mean that your project is dynamically linked from starting point to end point that is if you do any change at starting part of your project all the parts of your project related to that change will automatically get updated. Extend Civil 3D model data to perform geospatial and stormwater analysis, generate quantity takeoffs, and support automated machine guidance during construction
AutoCAD Civil 3D for Mining Industries
In mining industry you can use AutoCAD Civil 3D for various tasks.
- Survey data import: Civil 3D has the facility to directly import survey field data and automatically plot the point in your drawing file.
- Tin surface/DTM creation: Civil 3D has the capability of creating tin surface/dtm using the survey data plotted in the drawing. This interpolated surface gives the vies of actual ground condition which helps in planning.
- Borehole Data Interpretation: It can also import borehole data for different ores and can create surface for different ores below the surface. Also you can create can create different section for different ores.
- Google earth integration: AutoCAD Civil 3D has the unique feature of extracting images or dtm model from Google earth this feature is particularly useful in the feasibility stage of a project when the detailed survey data is not available.
- Surface analysis for drainage pattern: The model created within the environment can be analyzed for the slope patterns. AutoCAD Civil 3D also provides the powerful tool to identify the water flow lines and various catchments in the terrain.
- Volume calculation: AutoCAD Civil 3D has the powerful tool for calculating volm. You can calculate monthly cut and fill of your pit. You can also compute monthly bench wise cut and fill for your surface.